Among all available exercise machines, the most popular one is the treadmill. Millions of people have put the treadmill as a must have addition to their home fitness gear. This is not coincidental.
In fact, the treadmill has so far shown exceptional benefits for the human health. But most importantly, promoting weight loss and improving the fitness level. In addition, we are reminding you why you should start exercising on a treadmill today and what the benefits are for doing so.
As a bonus, we are offering suggestions for 5 best treadmill under 500 dollars choices, that will last make you a content user for years to come!
Best Treadmill Under 500, 5 Great Choices to Keep Your Routine on Schedule:
- Max user weight
- LCD display
- Weslo Cadence
- 275 lbs
- 10 x 31 x 68 inches
- 119 pounds
- 0-10 mph
- 400 lbs
- 51.2 x 32 x 63 inches
- 120 pounds
- up to 4 mph
- Weslo Cadence
- 250 lbs
- 10 x 31 x 68 inches
- 118 pounds
- 0-10 mph
- Sunny Health &
- 220 lbs
- 65 x 28 x 12 inches
- 119 pounds
- 0.5 - 9 mph
- Sunny Health & Fitness
- 220 lbs
- 65 x 28 x 11 inches
- 103 pounds
- 0.5-9 mph
Treadmill Exercise Benefits and Why You Should Start Your Workout Today
- It is undisputable that a treadmill is great for improving your physical shape and fitness level. However, the other benefits it provides are often ignored. A treadmill is excellent for lowering the unhealthy fat in your body. It is also improving your body’s endurance. By running on a treadmill every day of the week, you are constantly targeting multiple muscle groups in your body and you are increasing the strength of those muscles. Although they are best for increasing the muscles in your legs, depending on how you are going to use it, the benefits could be numerous.
- Treadmills are also better at absorbing impact running does to your ankles than most materials out in the open. This has great influence on your knees, ankles, and lower back. It is also convenient that you could use the treadmill regardless of the weather conditions. It will become your personal gym that you could work out anytime.
- Running on a treadmill also is much safer than running on natural terrains. Natural terrains could have uneven surfaces that if not noticed on time could lead to an injury. Treadmills on the other side are much more predictable and there are no possibilities of surprises while running on a treadmill. Even though this is not good for your reflexes, it is certainly great for your safety.
- The most common reason people are using the treadmill instead of running outside is because of the weather conditions. The second most common one is that when running on a treadmill they are adding some part of amusement that cannot be done otherwise. This means they either watch their favorite movie while running or reading their favorite book while walking on the treadmill.
- Treadmills that are made for walking instead of running have different features. They are great for keeping your walking routine your schedule and the suggestions below will assist you in this. Walking treadmills don’t have to have as powerful engines as running treadmills. Their construction also doesn’t need to be as solid. This also means that their price is significantly lower than the running treadmills.
Related: If you would like to learn more, you will want to read our Treadmill Exercise Benefits and Why You Should Start Your Workout Today!
Best Treadmill Under 500 – Reviews:
#1 – Weslo Cadence G 5.9 – Best for walking
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 is the perfect treadmill for walking. It has a 2 position inclination that allows you to adjust the intensity of your exercise to your needs. This will help you increase your calories burn and reduce joint impact.
With two settings it’s easy to personalize your workout for faster results. Weslo also features a comfort cell cushioning that is significantly reducing the stress to your joints when running or walking, but it also adds comfort.
The Cadence 5.9 is designed with an extra layer of cushioning that will absorb the impact and save your joints. It also has a heart rate monitor that works with a sensor that reads the heart rate through your thumb. The sensor is built in.
There is also an LCD display that allows the user to easily choose the right training program, but it also measures the burned calories, time spent on the treadmill and many other characteristics. In a way, it tracks your progress and it is inspiring you to beat yourself!
This treadmill is equipped with everything you need to lose weight, featuring six built-in workouts designed by an experienced personal trainer.
#2 – Exerpeutic TF 1000 Ultra high capacity treadmill – Best Budget Treadmill for Running
The Exerpeutic TF 1000 Ultra high capacity treadmill’s main purpose is a walking treadmill. However, this one is intended for running as well.
It has a 1,5 horsepower motor that is equal to most running treadmills. Even though there a speed slow enough for walking, the speed adjustment allows you to go up to 4 miles ph, and all this with 0,1 mph increment. As extra features, it has a 20-inch belt that is attached to the treadmill and handles to increase your safety while using it.
Nice thing about this treadmill, is that it folds up completely, so it takes a very very little space after you’re done using it. And space is at a premium in most of the houses. So users can be satisfied the fact that not only the actual treadmill portion fold upwards, but the handlebars on this thing fold downwards, so it goes from occupying a significant amount of space to very very little space, and it’s perfect for a small living environment.
This is our best treadmill under 500 choice and since currently is on sale, this product has a great money vs feature’s value!
#3 – Weslo Cadence R 5.2 treadmill – Best for Home
The Weslo Cadence R 5.2 treadmill is the younger version of the Weslo Cadence 5.9 and it has fewer features than the updated version, but its price is also lower.
The Cadence 5.2 is mainly intended for running, but considering its low price, it is suggested for walking routines as well. It has a 2.5 chp drive system which is more powerful than any other treadmill model in this price range. The extra layer of cushioning and the 2 positions inclination are also part of this younger Weslo version.
You can change the incline of the treadmill by adjusting the pins in the bottom, making it higher or lower, which would make you work out a little bit more tough or easy, whichever one you’re looking for.
If you decide on purchasing this treadmill, make sure you double check the dimensions since they this is a space saving design that might seem too small for larger people.
#4 – Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T4400 – Good Choice for Small Spaces
The Sunny Health & Fitness treadmill features a 2,20 peak drive system which means that it is much less powerful than other suggested models. Its price is slightly lower than competitive models, but it is a foldable design suitable for small spaces. It offers 3 levels of inclination and a maximum weight capacity of 220 lbs. This means that it is not intended for larger people and it is a treadmill specifically made for walking.
The speed control system is placed on the handrail which is pretty convenient. A treadmill is solid and built to last. Ample treadmill service makes running or walking easy and comfortable. Six point shock absorption system reduces the amount of joint impact while running or walking. Multifunction backlit console displays all your essential workout information with convenient integrated smart phone and tablet holder.
The treadmill allows you to receive more fitness details with the built-in body mass index BMI calculator to help you determine your fitness goals. You can increase or decrease your workouts with nine integrated precision intervals.
A powerful motor will reach speeds up to nine miles per hour. Built-in transportation wheels make moving easy. Easy folding mechanism with a self-drop system mix folding and unfolding efficient and safe.
#5 – Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7603 – Incline Treadmill under 500$
The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7603 Electric treadmill is produced from the same manufacturer as the previously suggested version and it is an updated version of the same. The foldable design, the strength of the motor, handrail placement controls, inclination positions and the weight capacity are all the same with a difference in the built-in programs.
This version offers 9 programs and a slightly stronger frame construction. This is also a treadmill for walking, although it could be used for running occasionally.
If you think of another best treadmill under 500 that we have missed, feel free to finish our list by adding it through the comment section below!
Related: If you liked this article, you will want to read our Best Treadmill for Walking, 3 Great Choices to Keep Your Walking Routine on Schedule!
Budget folding treadmills typically range in price from about $300 to $1,000. If you prefer walking, a budget folding treadmill should work fine. At a minimum they offer a display for speed, distance, time and calories and, as their name implies, they fold up to save space.
The convenience and price come with some trade-offs. When TreadmillFit assesses how well treadmills are constructed, models in this price range don’t score as well as pricier versions. In general, they tend to have shorter warranties, less powerful motors and are constructed with lighter weight materials, which can make them feel less stable than more expensive models. They frequently have shorter decks, which aren’t great for runners with a longer stride.